Yesterday, 9 August is Singapore 48th Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Singapore! I did my first animated gif file for the occasion using Adobe Photoshop. Hopefully, I can do my own little animation in time to come.
For a nation, we are young. If we put it in human years perspective, it would be comparable to a young child perhaps. Hence, it is not surprising that we have yet to develop our national identity. We are still learning and exploring. Eventually, it will come to us!
I am thankful for being born and living in Singapore for so many reasons. Here are just some of them off the top of my head:
- Clean tap water that is drinkable just from the tap
- The lush green trees just outside my window and everywhere
- A roof over my head
- Peace and stability like safe streets, political and economical stability
- Ready accessibility to the Internet so that I can connect to the World
- International cuisine and local food that are conveniently located
- A good education system so that I can read
Are there any shortcomings? Of course there are! The imperfections do irk me sometimes but it doesn’t stop me from loving Singapore. After all, I am imperfect too!
To more great years ahead, Singapore! 🙂
PS: This is my 101th post!